System Requirements for Proxy Log Explorer
- Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Processor: 1-GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor recommended
- Memory: 1024 MB (minimum); 4+ GB (recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB (minimum) free space available
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
Parsing and reporting speed
Log file analysis is a very resource intensive operation. Parsing may not complete and reporting will get unacceptably slow if you have many log files to analyze. Some tips to help speed up the parsing and reporting with Proxy Log Explorer:
- Filter out unwanted information during parsing (for example exlude all images from analysis).
- Use a few site profiles that report on shorter periods than one that report over a long period.
- Remove already parsed log files from the specified log file path and archive it. Otherwise it would be opened to check if it has been updated which can take up a lot of time if you have a lot of log files.
- Use multithreaded processing log files. This can increase processing speed up to 50%